From the Wikipedia article on Cumorah:
The hill named Cumorah in Manchester, New York(coordinates: ) is where Smith claimed he discovered the golden plates which contained the writings of the Book of Mormon. Smith wrote: “On the west side of this hill, not far from the top, under a stone of considerable size, lay the plates, deposited in a stone box.”
Smith visited the hill each year on September 22 between 1823 and 1827 and claimed he was instructed by a “holy messenger”, whom Smith identified as the Angel Moroni. Smith was finally allowed to take the record on September 22, 1827. Eleven other men gave written testimony that they had also seen the plates and held them in their hands.
As Depicted in Book of Mormon AR
The golden plates and Urim and Thummim were placed side-by-side in the 3D model. Oliver Cowdery is quoted as saying: “From the bottom of the box, or from the breastplate, arose three small pillars, composed of the same description of cement used on the edges; and upon these three pillars were placed the records.” In Joseph Smith’s 1838 account in “History of the Church”, these pillars aren’t mentioned.